Sunday, July 5, 2009

Being thankful for water

This past Monday I was busy getting ready for a tea party of sorts that I was hosting at my house. I had invited over a few friends from school for tea and coffee. I was busy, and I didn't know that the water was off to the house.
Tuesday morning I woke up excited that Rusty was finally coming in that afternoon. I had lots to do. I got busy on the laundry and then went outside to wash the truck No water at the outside faucets...strange, but I didn't worry because we have this...
We have a huge water storage tank. But remember I didn't know the water was off the day before, and I've been washing clothes and cleaning bathrooms. Pawn told me about an hour later that we were out of water. I didn't think to turn off the water to the tank.
When the water finally came back on, I was so thankful. I just didn't realize the tank was filling up with dirty brown water. So that meant I then had a huge storage tank full of dirty water. We turned off the water to the tank and used all of the brown water. Do you know how long it takes to use up dirty water when you can't use it for washing clothes or much of anything else for that matter?
The tank finally emptied, and we refilled with fresh clean water. I was so thankful and feel that I learned an important lesson...when the water is off turn off the water to the tank. You never know what the water will look like when it comes back on!

No comments: