Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Where was I?

Oh yea...I was in the middle of updating my blog about our wonderful summer team when I was plagued with internet troubles. The internet has been going online and then cutting off ever since we got back from Isaan. Then it completely shut off for several days at a time. I thought surely the call center had a red flag by my number as sometimes I would sit on hold for a long time. The servicemen would try to call me one time, and if I didn't pick up the phone I would have to call the call center and start the process all over again. Finally a serviceman came out yesterday and noticed that my phone line and modem line were switched in the splitter box. That was not the problem for the past few weeks as that switch had just happened that day. Of course the internet connected while he was here but disconnected shortly after he left.
I started this morning with calls to new companies to see if there was another service that offered any better options for us. I had just decided to not go with the new company when the serviceman showed up again. This is what the problem was...
Apprently they came and installed new cable going to a black box which they then connected to to our old box. There was also a new line running into our house, but they didn't block the old line. So, the serviceman replaced a damaged part of our telephone line which you see running down into the white plastic pipe and blocked the old internet line. I'm not 100% sure about the cause of all the problems, but I do know we're connected again!

No comments: