Rusty bought a new "toy" last summer thanks to a generous donation. We were so excited to get to use a new portable projector in the classroom. You can play videos, do presentations, or look at documents using a USB drive, an SD card, or by connecting a laptop. This is a great feature so that Rusty doesn't have to lug his computer from classroom to classroom. His backpack was getting too heavy!
We've enjoyed using it in the classroom and at our house, but then the SD card reader stopped working. That's when the saga began.
While trying to find a place to get service, we decided to take it to a place that we had used from our older Optoma model. We had some delays due to their lack of communication with us, but we finally found out they couldn't fix it and told us there would be a 1200B service charge for looking at it. They didn't know what was wrong with it, but I could choose to send it to Bangkok to have them look at it.
Rusty did some investigating on the internet and emailed the US, Bangkok, and Taiwan in hopes of finding a service center. The US said our warranty was only valid there. Bangkok told us they couldn't fix it because that model is not sold here, but they did have some new models we could purchase. Taiwan told us Bangkok would help us; they couldn't do anything.
I had Pawn call back because I wanted to know if they were going to guarantee they had someone in Bangkok who could fix it. They couldn't so I went to pick up the projector thinking I would just pay the 1200B and not lose anymore money.
I went into the store quite upset that I was going to pay 1200B for nothing. The service rep asked if I wanted to send it to Bangkok, and I told her I didn't want to waste anymore money and still have a broken projector. She handed me the projector and receipt, said thank you, and walked off without asking me for any money.
I was in a moral dilemma since I hadn't paid the "unjust" 1200B, but I waited until she returned. I asked if there wasn't a charge for checking it. She said there was no charge. Whoops...sorry about complaining about wasting money! That was obviously unnecessary, and I'm reminded once again that I rarely know what's going on around me. I'll just be thankful and move on. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment