While Pawn was away Rusty and Adam continued to teach, and I took over the housecleaning duties. I really enjoy catching up on some jobs that don't get done often; it's like spring cleaning in the fall. I guess that would be fall cleaning. :)
Unfortunately during this time I learned a rather rough lesson. Apparently I need to follow the water company on some kind of social media because I was the only one who didn't know the water would be shut off for twelve hours one day. I was busy doing laundry and mopping (we have a lot of floors to mop), and I ran out of water in the holding tank. The pump shuts off when the water drops down to about half so I still had half but had no way to get it out. I was out by 4 p.m., and the water wasn't scheduled to be back until midnight.
When Rusty turned the water back on the tank the following morning, it filled with horrible, dirty water.
Unfortunately, the tank filled up three times with this horrible stuff. There's nothing you can do with water like that until the clean water starts flowing. What a waste!
Adam had to take a trip to the border so we loaded up one early Saturday morning and drove him to the Lao border. We had to go to a different bridge than the one we used our first year in order to get him a 30-day stamp. I'm very thankful for the online community that posts updates how to do these things. We've found a lot of good information and saved ourselves time and kilometers!
Rusty and I drove around the city while we were waiting for Adam. The Lao side looks really interesting! On our Thai side there was a Mexican restaurant in town. I'm sure they get a lot of tourists through there who have to cross into Laos to get a few more days for touring.
We made it back in time for Thanksgiving with Antioch. This year's costume theme was student uniforms. Even Adam found one to fit!




No comments:
Post a Comment