Thursday, September 13, 2018

A Quiet Morning at Home

Rusty didn't have classes until this afternoon so I thought we would have a somewhat lazy morning around the house. It was going to be nice not to have to be out the door at a certain time. After enjoying our breakfast, coffee, and Bible time together, we headed outside to get a few jobs done.

We bathed Texas, and as I was cleaning up his house area, Rusty finished some work on the truck. It was something to do with the radiator although it was more clean up than fixing work. Our neighbor asked about our electricity alerting us that it was off. I went inside to start boiling some water because I knew Rusty would need to take a shower before leaving for school.

About the time Rusty and Adam were ready to leave, trucks started showing up in our village. They started unloading what we thought was electrical pipe, but the truck was from the provincial waterworks. Confusing! Adam was hoping they didn't bust a water pipe when they pulled into the field with the big truck.


Rusty and Adam left, and the electric company showed up. They were moving quickly to run new wire. I ran inside and noticed the electricity was already on. By the time I got upstairs to snap a good picture, I barely had time to get the last man still on his bamboo ladder.


Everyone left; we had electricity and a big pile of black pipe in an empty field. They will be doing something big soon because they're not going to leave that sitting unprotected for very long.


I received a couple of emails wanting to set up appointments for our visa extension with a notice that we need an updated affidavit of our marriage certificate from our consulate. It's not a certificate, but Rusty has to appear before the consular general to swear that he did marry me. Because of course it's possible that we're divorced and still both living here or that I'm his sister or something. Thankfully we got an appointment for the 18th, and we will head to immigration on the 20th. Busy, busy, busy! But things are working out well, and we keep trusting Him.

Now I'm looking forward to that iced coffee this afternoon. :)



No comments: