I've been helping out with Sunday school for almost a year now. At first I was so nervous. My mission should I choose to complete it is to think of an activity to start every Sunday morning. We use these activities for several different reasons. 1. Thai people are not always on time. This encourages the kids to get there on time so they don't miss out on the fun. 2. Thai people love games. It seems we play games often at all kinds of functions. This gives the kids an opportunity to have some fun and get to know each other better. 3. We have a multi-cultural classroom. These kids may all look the same to you, but they all come from very different backgrounds. We use these games to teach the kids to work together and how to build a team so that the goal can be accomplished. It's a great accomplishment to have all of these kids working together. 4. We teach them about God. We teach them to put into practice the principles that we teach them each week. Sometimes it's hard work, but I think the excitement these kids show each week is worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment