Well, we finally made it home and are once again connected to the internet. It feels so much better to be able to communicate with family and friends. And hopefully everyone will be happier that we're actually answering e-mails again.
We arrived to find many changes had taken place while we were gone. Our dog Texas has grown! He's no longer a puppy, and he's acting better too. He still seems to be our dog, but he definitely has a soft spot in his heart for Pawn. I think he still remembers the days of riding in her bicycle basket. Prices have shot up also. The price of butter really went up. I can still find one brand that is only about 40 cents per 227 g more expensive. The other brands were over twice the old price! Our favorite iced coffees went up too. Oh well. Life will change as we know it. Let's not even talk about the exchange rate...which still has not improved! :)
I'll post more about what we did in America and what we've done since we've been back. The language is ok so far, but I'm ready for a good review and then some new stuff. When we were trying to set up the internet, we were having major problems getting it going. I think they got tired of me calling, but I wanted my internet! Finally I was talking to a lady who was asking me questions about the lights on my router...like how many, and do I "have or have not" certain lights. I didn't realize when she asked me about certain lights, she really wanted to know if they were lit up or not. Haha! I thought she just wanted to know if the router had those lights. She finally said I didn't understand and she would send out a technician. Victory for me! That's exactly what I wanted anyway. He found a problem in the line outside, and now we're good to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment