Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Some new eats


At our Monday night Bible study, we had kumquats for the first time. I had never eaten them before, and they had to tell me how to eat them. It's a small oval citrus fruit...it looks like a miniature orange, and you just pop them in your mouth whole. Wow! The peeling is kind of sweet, but then the flesh is tart. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Since we came back to Thailand we have not been able to find the usual kind of peanuts we were buying. We don't like to pay a lot for our snacks, but I wanted Rusty to have something to snack on. So I went to get another kind of peanuts we used to buy. In the past we have tried their coffee flavored and coconut cream flavored peanuts. This time I bought chicken flavored. They don't really taste like chicken, but they were interesting.

No comments: