Sunday, March 2, 2008
Sometimes I just don't understand
Last week I learned that this would be the week for a special meal at church. Usually we order lunch, and they deliver it every Sunday. This Sunday we were going to bring our own food and share with others. All of this was told to me in English so I was pretty sure that I understood. I also understood that I was supposed to bring western food. So far so good. What I missed was the rest of the meeting that happened in Thai. Everyone decided not to have a meal this week as most people were going to go back to their villages this weekend to vote. So last night I made up some chocolate cookies, and I fried chicken this morning before church. Rusty packed up the cookies, fruit, chicken, and kool-aid for me, and we were off. I found out between Sunday school and services that we weren't going to eat. Haha! I was totally ready for our own lunch. I had Pawn stop at the market and buy some sticky rice and sausage that we like, and we were good to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happens all the time here=-)
Post a Comment