Saturday, March 22, 2008

Visitor from America

We had a good week with Robert Wallace. He came to visit in preparation for a team coming to work in June. He will return with a team to help us with a basketball outreach. We traveled to a new area (Jom Thong) where we have been thinking and praying about, and we went looking for some open doors. We went to one of the government offices where we met the young man in charge of the sports activities for the area. He took us to a school where he thought we would be able to hold a basketball camp for the students. We were able to meet with some of the teachers, and they were very excited about us coming. And of course they want us to teach English as well. Tawm told them up front that we are Christians and wanted to be able to share with the students and their parents also. He said it was no problem. Some people may think we were just lucky to have met with the right people. Or some people may think that somehow we just knew the right people to talk to. I believe that they were indeed God appointments. God knew the people we needed to talk to, and He put them in our path.

We also did a little shopping with Robert in the Night Bazaar. I was a part of a funny exchange. I was bargaining on some Chinese rice hats, and the salesman started yelling at a guy across the street about how much I paid for the hats. The other guy was surprised, and my salesman replaied that I was Thai. :) Hehe. It was all pretty funny, but they knew I was having a good time, I knew they were having a good time too, and that I probably paid too much for the hats! :) It's just so seldom that people joke with me like that. I usually don't carry on much of a conversation. We also celebrated Rusty's birthday by eating out at our favorite farang food restaurant. Actually Robert treated us for Rusty's birthday.


I'd best get back to work. Tomorrow I'll have pictures of our special Easter services. Pray that we get everything done.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: