The Indian booth had some really interesting things. If I had seen this cart on the side of the road I would never have ordered a chicken kebab because I would have been thinking about grilled meat on a stick. That's not it at all. It's more like a big grilled chicken burrito.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Another International Day
Some of the kids from the church here in the city attend an international school. Kaimook, Lilly, and Mimi have all studied English with us, and Kaimook spent last summer with Rusty's family in America. We're always happy to go and spend some time with their family. Plus we got to eat some really good food. You can't beat good fellowship and good food!
Mimi did a song from Taiwan with her group. She looked cute in her cultural dress.
Here we are doing some Thai dancing poses. Well, except Rusty. We let him hold the flag--manly job. :) It reminded me of trying to learn Thai dancing with some of our students in Isaan. I was always getting my hands backward, but in this picture Lilly wanted me to be going in the opposite direction of her. I didn't want you to think I was doing it incorrectly.
The Indian booth had some really interesting things. If I had seen this cart on the side of the road I would never have ordered a chicken kebab because I would have been thinking about grilled meat on a stick. That's not it at all. It's more like a big grilled chicken burrito.
Here's Rusty eating the kebab. At this booth they were also using henna to do the traditional skin dyeing. They usually do it for their wedding day, but now it's becoming fashion. I'm glad I didn't have my hands done...I would have felt strange with it on my hands a week later.
The Indian booth had some really interesting things. If I had seen this cart on the side of the road I would never have ordered a chicken kebab because I would have been thinking about grilled meat on a stick. That's not it at all. It's more like a big grilled chicken burrito.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment