Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sweetheart's Day

We celebrated Sweetheart's Day on Saturday as you never know what will come up on any given day. We started off the day with heart-shaped biscuits and chocolate gravy. Mine is actually more like chocolate sauce, but don't tell anyone. That afternoon we went swimming together. This was the first time Rusty had been to the pool. We had fun together and had a good workout.

For dinner Rusty fixed up some delicious steaks and grilled veggies. We also had mashed potatoes and cole slaw. We had dinner and a movie (an old Disney classic) and then had heart-shaped homemade oreos with cream cheese filling for dessert. Yummy!On Sunday morning I was greeted with sweets from my sweet on the dining room table. I'm going to have to do a lot of swimming! Notice the conversation heart box? I'm still wondering how he found that over here. On Sunday evening Hope and I went to the walking street market with Kaimook and her mom to buy gifts for America. It was so much fun going with them because they know all the good snacks to buy. I learned something new...usually I go to the market with buying gifts as my focal point. I should be stopping along the way and buying all sorts of yummy snacks. You don't eat a big meal at one place, but you buy all sorts of goodies along the way. I don't know what all we ate, but my favorite was the coconut ice cream. That's always refreshing.

No comments: