Tuesday, March 9, 2010



I found this recipe on the internet for dulce de leche sandwich cookies, but I didn't know how to make dulce de leche. After an internet search about various ways to make it--including some that were labeled as dangerous--I decided to ask my friend how she made. She had just recently made some in her pressure cooker so she brought me a can the very next day. It's just a can of sweetened condensed milk that has been cooked until it thickens and caramelizes.The cookies were simple to make, but they did spread out quite a bit while cooking. I like for my sandwich cookies to be a bit smaller than these turned out.
But Rusty didn't seem to mind at all! The cookies were soft and moist, and the dulce de leche added a nice new flavor. Now if I can figure out how to make dulce de leche myself, we might have these cookies again. I think I need to go shopping for a pressure cooker!

No comments: