Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ceramics City

Recently Brent, Tawm, Owen, P Grathai, and I took a road trip to say goodbye to a student who was leaving to go and study in Canada. We went to a city near here that is known for ceramics and horses--quite a combination huh? We ate together, shopped for ceramics, and had fun together. Here are a few pics from the day.

Outside of one ceramics place they had this huge rooster bowl that we all climbed up in for a picture. The rooster pattern is quite popular her.They also had a pyramid built out of tea pots.
And they also had this statue for taking pictures. I think Brent and Tawm are brave to be letting Owen drive at such a young age! :)At the last stop we found a large selection of snowmen and snowflake Christmas dishes. Dishes seem to be a weakness of mine. I stocked up because I love Christmas time and having fun things to celebrate with. Of course since they're snowmen, you can use the all during cold season!

When we returned to Chiang Mai, we stopped at KFC for a late night dinner. The night before I had been out late at the Sunday night walking street with some friends. Of course by late I'm meaning around 9 or 10 o'clock. It's good to get out with friends even in the middle of trying to finish up my MA classes.

No comments: