Sunday, February 6, 2011

Children's Day Part Two - Afternoon

In the afternoon of Children's Day we went to a school that is in our same district, but we had never really been in that area before. The loop around our city separates us from this area, but four of our neighborhood ESL students attend this school. Pawn, Rusty, and I went to visit with the students and their moms.
I always enjoy watching the games here. These blind-folded girls had to feed bananas to the boys. The boys couldn't use their hands or leave their seats.
The students had to straddle the long pieces of pvc pipe and go down to pop the balloons. I'm not sure what was attached to the ends to pop the balloons, but it worked really well.A lot of the younger students were playing on the playground equipment.
We saw our English students participate in the tug-o-war, but mostly they were part of the cheerleading squad. They had done their dance routines in the morning.

The teachers also go involved in the games. They had a long green eggplant tied around their waist, and they had to use that to hit the ping pong ball to the finish line. I'm glad I didn't have to do that game!
This was our little buddy during the events. He loved playing with us and smiling for us.

This relay game seemed to go pretty well for the students. They had to pass the baton without using their hands and run (or jump) to the finish line without letting it fall to the ground.
We had a great day. It's fun to be involved in the lives of the children outside of our normal realms whether it be meeting them at the markets, going to their school events, or spending time with them.

No comments: