Sometimes I get surveys from people in the States that ask me what a typical day is like. There are no typical days really. I've learned (not yet perfected) to roll with the punches...well sometimes. Maybe I take the first few like a pro, but I do feel some pain sometimes.
This past Tuesday was one of those days. We had a long day on Monday with leaving early to teach, teaching until 4:30, chatting with the teachers, stopping for a bite to eat for supper, returning home for quick showers, and then going to watch Nick Vujicic. So on Tuesday morning I was a bit tired. Things have been so busy, and we've had guests in and out of the house (which I love and look forward to). Then I found out Pawn's mom was going to come and spend a few days with us, and the whole group of friends were going to go to a restaurant to do a Thai bbq. Added to that I was busy getting ready for Tuesday night's English class.
When I finally got downstairs to start cooking supper, one of our friends was in the kitchen cutting up some guavas that she had brought for us to enjoy. I was feeling really bad since I had a sink full of dishes as well. Our friend washed them as well. I got the black-eyed peas going and went back to working on English.
Rusty finally made it home from teaching and left to ride his bike. I was getting the cornbread going, and it seemed Rusty was taking a long time to get back from his bike ride. He was outside with some of the students working on their motorbikes. He was up and down the stairs several times getting the right tools and the right lubricant spray. Finally, he went to get his shower.
By the time it all came together we had 15 minutes to eat before English class. Rusty told me not to worry about it. He could get the kids started studying if we needed a few extra minutes to eat. Then all of the sudden I heard the door open, a little voice cry our "Teacher!" and then a little student bounded into our living room. That did it for me...I thought won't we even have time to eat?
I finally made it out the door and taught the class. We had two new students. Faa (the daughter of Rusty's barber) finally came back to study and brought a friend with her as well. We had a really good class, and I think everyone enjoyed it.
I was starting to have a better attitude...finally...and settled in to read my Bible before bed. I was in Mark, and do you happen to know how many times Mark mentions Jesus didn't have time to eat? Obviously from the day's events Mark was the right place for me to be for an attitude adjustment. There are no coincidences. By the way, Mark mentions twice that Jesus and the disciples didn't even have time to eat. I think I can handle it better when it happens to me--after all it's not really that often it happens!
1 comment:
I have days like this too although not always as hectic. God always answers and the light bulb goes on in my head "YES".
Post a Comment