On Thursday morning I had Pawn call the Isuzu service center to get our queue number for Friday. It works out much better if you have an appointment although if they find something wrong they may schedule the repairs for later in the day. We always plan for it to take the whole day. The service center provides good service with free coffee, and they offer free shuttle service to a couple of nearby shopping plazas.
They told me it would only take about an hour to do the service on the truck. They were going to add some water to the battery and do the 95,000 kilometer check. So I settled in both reading the Bible on my cell phone and watching the people.
The service department had a new coffee machine which created quite a bit of excitement. All you do is press the button for what you want and the cup drops down and the machine fills it up. I'm sure the people working in service have spent a lot of time explaining how this works. Once people knew how it worked they had to show all of their friends. I think there may be quite a bit of coffee wasted on people who just want to see the machine work. Being the personality type that I am, I just sat back until I knew how everything operated and then went to get my coffee. It was actually pretty good!
Since I only spent an hour at the service center, I was also able to make it to two grocery stores, the post office, the swimming pool for some exercise, the coffee shop to get some afternoon coffee for Rusty, and the school to help teach the last two classes.
We have a good time teaching together. The kids probably think we're quite funny, but we enjoy it and hope that we motivate them to speak English. I like to get in the classroom to actually teach together because I think two people working together increases the energy level in the classroom.
We stopped at a new local Italian place for supper. The pizzas were cheap enough, the crust was good, but there wasn't much flavor in the toppings. Most restaurants here that serve pizza also put extra Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper on the table. At this restaurant you also have to pay extra if you want Parmesan cheese. We could have had pizza at the Duke's for about 60B more, and I think it would have been worth the extra $2. However, this new place was on the way home, outside of the city, and was not busy at 5:00.
On the way home we could see the rain heading our way. I watch the rain a lot more here than I ever did in the States. I'm always amazed how you can see the edge of the rain storm. There always has to be a line somewhere I guess where the rain stops. One night while we were teaching English, the line was at our house. It was pouring in the yard and dry on the driveway. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment