Last week we were in class and just beginning to talk about Thanksgiving. I can't remember how the subjects of ghosts came up, but one of the young girls asked me if I believed in ghosts. I explained to her that I did not and that when people die their spirits either go to heaven or hell based upon what they do with Jesus. The local religion is very mixed here, and many believe that the souls of ancestors are roaming the earth.
Another one of the girls has a problem with her hand. For a long time she kept it hidden in class as much as possible, and she almost always hides it in pictures. Now she will even hold hands with the one she feels so shy about. That takes love, acceptance, and a positive message that God created us special. And He loves us very much.
There are also two young girls who were abandoned by their mother. Can you imagine going to school and everybody knowing that your mother basically threw you away? It seems to be quite common that the kids want to share those stories with us. Most end up living with their grandparents.
We have a great opportunity and a great responsibility to these children. God has sent a witness into their lives. Please pray for us as we work with them each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment