I spent a lot of the day preparing the cookies for the party. They're not the best decorated cookies I've ever done, but I think you can tell they're pumpkins!
I bagged up some blessing mix where each item represents a part of the Thanksgiving story. It's pretty cool that I can get all but one ingredient here locally.
We decorated more this year with adding the fall leaves. I had a misspelling on the word happy which is not good for a teacher to do. One of the students noticed it and wondered why I did it. I had to think quickly on my feet and say that it was a test. He would get a prize for being the first person to notice it. I'm not sure anybody believed it was planned. :)
Like I already mentioned we had an abundance of food. One of the grandmas brought some sticky rice with fried chicken and some rolls. Another student brought some chips to share when everyone finished eating.
I had a funny experience with the drinks you see pictured here. On the plastic lid of my cup there was a picture of an avocado, but the lid said coconut. I poked the straw through and took my first sip to find out it was actually Thai tea. I was so confused, but obviously the company was too!
Nothing special about this picture except for the expressions on Pawn's face and the little boy next to her.
We finished with a hot chocolate bar as our guests were leaving. Everyone had a good time and was already looking forward to Christmas.








No comments:
Post a Comment