After the party with the kids, I had decided to do a subdued family dinner. Things had been really crazy so I wanted to just kind of take my time, enjoy the cooking, and start getting ready for Christmas. Or so I thought...
Rusty had been talking with a young Chinese student teacher who is here for a semester. He came home on that Friday afternoon and suggested we ask her to come and spend Thanksgiving with us as her American roommate was traveling. I said sure, and plans were made which spread to two other teachers from SSW. This was kind of funny because these were the same two teachers who canceled on us at the last minute last year. I guess they wanted to make up for what they had missed out on! :)
After lunch everyone was all smiles. Each had a different favorite from the meal, and no one let on if they were disappointed over the lack of turkey this year.
Even without turkey there was an abundance of food. Our guests brought some grilled chicken, spicy green papaya salad, and some dessert. They made good choices!
I guess I was still at the card table this year. We set up a table in the formal dining room so that we could have enough room. Our regular dining room table is extremely narrow and just about fills up with just plates.
Thanksgiving is still my favorite holiday because it seems less rushed than Christmas and for me is a time to really reflect back on what God did throughout the year. I don't deserve all of the good things He did for us; He pulled off what man said was impossible. If I could pick a theme for 2015 it would be God provides. He has once again shown He is faithful, and my faith has been strengthened.




No comments:
Post a Comment