Tuesday, July 19, 2016

End of Week 1

By the end of the first week I was finally recovering from a bee sting. I'm not even sure when it happened, but my arm swelled up. It even had some fever in it!
We had a closing ceremony at the school after teaching only half of a day. We then ate a light lunch and said goodbye to the kids. We were not looking forward to leaving them.
We had quite the laugh over my poor students. I had no idea that they would give prizes to the students who had received the most stickers. My poor top student only had seven stickers for the whole week. They had a stingy teacher!
Esteban had some free time to play with the kids. It might be a simple playground, but it offers a lot of fun and smiles!
We went into a nearby city to eat dinner. The food was excellent! This fried fish with Thai herbs was very tasty! This restaurant also had karaoke, but nobody from our group was brave enough to try. We didn't have a very big party group; sometimes that's a very good thing.
This year saw the return of Mr. Korn. We had not seem him since 2011 or 2012. He came in for a couple of days and wanted to take us to do some touring on the weekend, but we didn't have room for him in the SUV.
We returned to the village in time for our noodle making lesson. We first did this a few years ago, but they've changed their kitchen around a bit this year. They moved the fire, and I think the layout is more convenient and easier to maneuver. I think Esteban is a professional already, but I do wonder about our abilities when they make us buy the noodles we make. :)

No comments: