We get to enjoy a weekend in the city between the two camps in Isaan. One of our first stops was to get some fresh coffee. Things changed a bit the second week, but during the first week we didn't have the opportunity to have afternoon coffee. Cafe Amazon is not usually my first choice, but I picked the first place we found.
We went to a province we had never been to before. We saw some Khmer temple ruins and enjoyed seeing the sites that reminded us of our fun trip to Cambodia.
We loved the color of this lizard. Talk about not needing to use a bronzer!
I'm always thankful when we have someone along who can take our picture together. They do a much better job than we do taking selfies.
Rusty caught everyone at different places on the temple grounds.
I had booked our hotel rooms in the city using Expedia. Last year I used a different online booking service and didn't have rooms reserved when we got to the hotel. Thankfully the manager was there and gave us upgraded rooms for the same price since that was all they had left. The workers did not want him to give them to us since they were more expensive rooms. This year different hotel, different booking site, but same city. They didn't have our reservations again. We got the last three rooms two of which were upgrades as well. I use online sites a lot in the northern region without trouble. It did allow me to meet a girl at the hotel who had spent several years working in our city. She remarked that she didn't have these kind of problems at the hotel here either.
After we got our hotel rooms situated we went to eat, walked through a night market, and stopped at McD's for some ice cream. Ronald is a great conversation partner!
Rusty got an ice cream float only here they put ice in it as well. So we ordered his without ice. I noticed the ice cream was kind of floating in the soda, but I didn't think anything about it. I stuck the straw in, and the soda fizzed up and overflowed. I grabbed napkins, and some of the other staff members told me not to shake it. :) I told them I didn't do anything, but I wouldn't shake it. You know me...I'm likely to shake up a cup of soda at the cash register counter.










No comments:
Post a Comment