This year Krew Pet and Krew Rung are retiring from Mae Tang School. We knew this was Krew Pet's year, but Rusty wasn't sure who else was retiring. He had told me he hoped it wasn't Krew Rung's year because she is a great seventh grade teacher!
We had a lovely lunch with the foreign language department teachers. The food wasn't that great (I think they get a lot of tourists), but the company and the atmosphere were great!
Krew Rung really loved her new belt! During her farewell speech she said a lot of great things about teaching with Rusty. She shared that Rusty really cares about the students, makes the lessons fun, teaches with energy, and thinks about Thai culture when he's teaching. Although we share a lot about American culture and others culture since that's part of learning a language, we also want them to exhibit good Thai manners. Rusty is faithful to pull aside students if he sees them struggling or into something they shouldn't be. He cares about them and interacts with them. It was great to hear a teacher speak so highly of my guy. I don't get to travel to Mae Tang School very often, but I have heard both sides of the story. They really enjoy Rusty, and he enjoys them!
We first met Krew Pet at Sansai school, but I feel like I've known her for a long time. Krew Dang, Ajarn Jenjit (my thesis adviser), and Krew Pet all attended university together. They're friends for life!
I thanked the teachers for taking such good care of Rusty each week he teaches there. I told them that he tells me the truth, and each day he tells me about the good things happening at this school. Of course please pray for the students; there are a lot of social issues as there are everywhere. Also pray for the new head of the foreign language department and Rusty's continued work there.
No comments:
Post a Comment