Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Has it really been 21 years?

Rusty and I got to celebrate our anniversary this past May. What started out as a trip to the mountains changed into spending the day in town together.

Rusty wanted to go up on the mountain for some cooler temps, but some rainy weather rolled into town. In addition to that the schools started calling wanting Rusty to start teaching the first week. They got delayed one day so that we could spend our day together.

It turned out to be good that we decided to stay in the city. I reasoned that we could buy a lot of peaches in the city with all of the money we were going to save on fuel! We slept peacefully and woke up to a dark and rainy Wednesday.

Rusty took Faa to the entrance to our village because of the rain. They loaded her bike into the truck and were off.


After we got Faa off to school, we started working on the bug remains from the night before. During the early rains we get bombarded by these flying termites. They leave an awful mess. This time the light at the end of the carport was left on, and our truck camper had dead bugs all around the door.

About the time we finished cleaning up outside, Faa called to say that she couldn't get a truck to school. None of the regular trucks were on their route, and Faa and her friend from our village were going to be late. Rusty took off and got them there in time--barely. I'm not sure they would have gotten in trouble that day or not since there were a lot of students who were left stranded.

Then it was time for our swim. We always joke about going swimming while it's raining. We might get wet! Haha! It is serious if there is lightning, but we rarely have storms like that.


We were going to drive outside of the city to eat, but then we decided to go to Burger King. It's a special treat for us since we find it expensive for fast food. But their burgers are way better than the A&W burgers!


Sometimes I'm not sure about the local flavors they introduce.


We interrupt the pictures to hide the fact that we went bowling. I'm too embarrassed to even talk about the games. I'll just say Rusty even tried to bribe me with an Auntie Anne's stop, and it still didn't help!


We ran into some serious traffic getting out of town. It dampened our plans to finish up with getting my anniversary gift, but we decided we were fine with just getting some dinner. After we wove our way through some very narrow streets that is!


We have a new Italian restaurant near our house. I say it's new, but I found out about it a few months ago. This guy used to own another restaurant that moved a time or two and eventually closed. I wish I could remember all of the dishes we tried, but I do remember we had a salad with olives, sun-dried tomatoes and feta, a pasta dish with scallops, and stuffed artichoke hearts. All of them were delicious!

We topped it off with affogato; since the restaurant did have decaf in stock (which can be difficult to find here), we went for it!


Rusty fixed me up with imported items. Chocolate and goldfish from afar..


My anniversary gift was a pressure cooker. The guy at the store had told me to expect a new shipment in on this day so we went by to pick it up. Unfortunately they still didn't have one so I bought the display model. It turned out to be a mistake, but that's a story for another day.


We arrived home about 8:30. I was really impressed that we were able to stay out so late! Seriously though when we got home that night, Adam had a special gift for us as well. He knows us well; there were two dark chocolate bars and a bag of coffee.

The most important part of the day is that I'm incredibly blessed to have spent 21 years with Rusty. It doesn't seem possible since I'm still so young. Haha! I'm looking forward to what God has in store for us. I'm truly blessed.

No comments: