
The dragon fruit is a very pretty fruit. The inside is either white with black specks or a very bright purple/pink with black specks. The black specks are about the size of poppy seeds. It doesn't have a very strong flavor for something that looks so neat. Rusty doesn't like them very much, but I think they're ok to eat if I don't have to buy them.

Now, on the rose apples we agree. There is not much flavor. Rusty has nicknamed them water apples. Need I say more?

The red prickly things (they're not really prickly, but I couldn't think of another descriptive word) are rambutan. You peel off the outside, and the fruit is white. There's a pit in the middle so be careful! The brown fruit is lamyay. Our neighbor's village grows lamyay. They have a grading machine and everything.

This last picture is Rusty holding a jackfruit. You've seen them cut open, and you've seen them hanging in the tree. Now you can really judge how big one really is. Unfortunately we really messed up with this one. Our gardener forgot to tell us it wasn't ready yet. We should have waited a week before we cut, but I cut it after 2 days. I didn't know! It made a mess everywhere...the white substance that comes out of a jackfruit is sooooooo sticky, and it gets all over everything! It lasts for days. Unfortunately I made a mess, and I didn't get any good fruit out of the whole deal!
I'll have to take some pictures of lychee when they come out. It's one of my favorite fruits here!
1 comment:
Some fruit just does not look like it would be any good, until you try some. Sometimes your rewarded and sometimes not=-).
Post a Comment