Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wildlife is back--if I don't kill them all!

It's been a while since I've blogged about the wildlife around our house. The blue-headed lizards are back in the yard as are the white squirrel and chipmunks. I've really enjoyed seeing all of them chase each other up and down the tree. It's nice to catch a glimpse of them while I'm washing dishes. The other day I walked out of the door and saw this:
I'm thankful for a camera with a good zoom. I'm not afraid of the lizards, but then again I don't want to be seen dancing around my carport either!

Not long after we got back to the field, I was busy doing household chores. Look what I found in my washing machine:
I sincerely hope he didn't suffer long. I really felt bad about what happened to him. I felt responsible for this one. I should have been more careful.

The other night we were hanging up an elephant carving on the wall. When we took down the marker board, there was a dead lizard on the wall! It was a baby one...black and all dried up. Ewww!!! He was not so cute.

3 comments:

bt said...

Thanks for the elephant painting card that yall sent. I think $100 for a painting is good in comparison to some of the stuff that gets sold.

Holtster said...

It never hurts to have a few good bug eaten lizards around=-).

Holtster said...

Around here the dog gets a few of them, but some always survive to live another day.