Monday, May 12, 2008

Watermelon shakes


As you already know this is my favorite time of year for fruit in Thailand. I am also known for getting cool drinks while I'm in town...think Sonic in the States. With the exchange rates and general rise in prices I've been trying to save money. One way I'm doing this is by making more things at home rather than stopping for convenience snacks or drinks while I'm in town. Here's one of my favorites...watermelon shakes!

These are so simple. You simply cut up some watermelon. For 3 people I use about half of a 2 kilo watermelon. So that's about half of a pound of watermelon. I also add about 1.5 tablespoons of sugar and some ice. Pulse blend that until all of the ice is crushed. These usually cost 15 to 20 Baht each at a restaurant. I make 3 glasses for about 18 Baht total. That's a savings of over 10 Baht per glass. They are so refreshing on a hot summer's day...or anytime!

1 comment:

Holtster said...

Watermelon, makes me want some now=-).