
They were wonderful, and they are easy to make! It's just some sweetened condensed milk, butter, and cocoa. Yummy! I'm definitely going to have to make them myself! We had some good Brazilian coffee too. Then we finished off the social with a traditional Brazilian tea. You drink it from a cup made out of a gourd and a special metal straw like in this picture:

The straw has a disc on the bottom that has holes all over it so you don't suck up the tea leaves also. Most of the tea leaves sit on top of the cup. You drink this by passing it around the group, and it's a normal part of the Brazilian day. They may drink it several times a day.
I really enjoyed my day. We also got to listen and watch some Brazilian concerts on the t.v. It was a very good cultural day, and I got to work on some relationships with westerners. I haven't had too many of those since we moved here. :)
1 comment:
Very interesting. I glad you explained what was in the bowl.
Post a Comment