Friday, August 8, 2008

90-Day Check-in

Every 90 days we have to check in with the local immigration office. It doesn't take very long, and it's quite easy if you have all of your papers in order. Really, you just need your slip from the last visit and a bunch of copies of different things in your passport. While we were there I thought back to a funny experience we had when we were renewing our visas one time. We showed up and were meeting with our lawyer, and he told me congratulations. He didn't know we were going to have a baby. I was a bit confused. In Thailand foreigners are often considered fat, but this comment was a new one to me. Then when we went inside to meet with the immigration official, she said the same exact thing! And then she asked when I was due. :) I was feeling a tad bit self-conscious by this point, and I'm not sure Rusty knew what to say to me. Then it suddenly dawned on me why this suddenly started happening to me. I was wearing a jumper. If you are out shopping, you'll see pregnant women wearing jumpers. I'm not sure that I see a woman who is not pregnant wearing a jumper very often. Most of the time I see pregnant women wearing denim or pink jumpers. Needless to say the jumper has hung in the closet since then. Does anyone need one gently used (almost never) denim jumper? It still has lots of wear, and it will for quite some time. :)

No comments: