Sunday, August 3, 2008

We'll have bananas soon!

There are not very many fruit trees in our yard. The owner didn't want fruit to fall to the ground and rot. Good point. We do have one mango tree, and I think we get about two mangoes off each year. Outside the fence we have some bananas that will be ready in a couple of months. We've been watching the process, and I must say it seems to take a long time. I guess it takes a long time when you have plans for the fruit. We need to give some to our neighbor. She's always giving us fruit from her trees, and I'll eat some. We'll probably also use some in desserts. I'm looking forward to them. Here are some pictures of the process thus far.
They also use the banana blossom in soups and curries here, but it's not my favorite thing to do. I was more excited about leaving the blossoms on the tree and letting the fruit produce. Yummy!

No comments: