Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to the Village

It had been three years since Rusty had been to this particular village. This trip kept changing dates, but by the time everyone was finally in the truck, things went smoothly.
I think some enjoyed Rusty's cot. They needed a nap after going to bed really late and getting up at 4 to get on the road.Hope, the experienced village cook, is helping in the kitchen. I think she's done this before.I'm not sure I could do this, but you do what you gotta do. It looks a little heavy to me, but maybe it's about balancing.It's on trips like these, we're always thankful for a four-wheel drive truck.

I didn't go to the village this time. I stayed home and took care of Texas and the house. I went to a neighbor's house for New Year's Eve. We had a good English traditional meal and added in some seafood also. I left before the karaoke got started--around 9:00 then stayed up to watch the beautiful fireworks. Welcome 2010!

No comments: