Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Yard Clean-up

Our landlord visited a few days ago and decided to have a couple of trees that were really close to the house cut down. So yesterday I heard a few things crashing down around the yard and decided to go investigate.I don't know if you can really get the feeling of how tall these trees really were. This roof is the roof on our second story right above our bedroom. Does that help any?One guy was in the tree cutting off branches and then chopping the tree down in sections. Can you see his knee just below the roof? There were two guys on the ground with a rope pulling the tree away from the house.Here are the long logs in the yard. The tops are in another location. They calculated all of the falls to make sure they wouldn't hit the fence. One did hit the fence because when it fell it landed a foot or two away from the stump. Otherwise they would have all landed in the yard safely. Later that night I was going to bake some pumpkin cream cheese muffins, and Pawn was going to fry up some "beaten sticky rice." We ran out of propane right at that time, and the propane store was already closed. So I didn't get to bake anything, but Pawn used an electric fryer to cook the sticky rice. This is something special that they eat at Christmastime in the village. I missed out since I didn't get to go this year. Hope said they seemed to eat it at every house they went to. It's scrumptious dipped in just a bit of sugar! Yummy!

No comments: