Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nothing Accomplished

Saturday turned out to be a bit of a disappointment around here. We've had some repairs that have piled up around us here, and we thought we were going to check off quite a few of the items. Around New Year's the small pump that runs our outside water faucets died. The landlord said we could get a new one, and so Rusty picked up a new one. The new one was not strong enough to pump the water so I went back to the store and picked up a stronger one. I just didn't realize that it was still rated for the same depth which by the way is deeper than what our well is but apparently that is beside the point here. So Saturday rolls around, and we still don't have the new pump. Thankfully the repairmen did repair the big pump for the sprinklers so our yard is getting watered; there are just some dry spots that we can't do anything about until the new pump gets installed.

So on Saturday we were going to have the repairmen come out and install a new pump. They couldn't come. We were also supposed to have some ceiling repair work done, and they canceled on us too. Hopefully next week everyone will come like they're supposed to. We might should have asked the repairmen to install the new pump in the first place, but we were trying to save the landlord some money.

Hopefully this week we'll be back on track and getting tasks accomplished. I do still like to think of getting things accomplished. My checklist is not as long or as ambitious as it used to be, but I haven't been able to get away from them completely. Rusty says that's a good thing though--the world needs organizers. :) I guess I'll fulfill my role happily...even though sometimes it feels like a drag. It's not so boring when I have that happy accomplished feeling at the end of the day. :)

No comments: