Friday, May 14, 2010

Day trip!

While the Raburn's were here, we decided to take a day trip to see some ruins in Sukothai. It turned out to be quite a long drive down there, but it was a fun trip after all. It took us about 5.5 hours to get down there, but we enjoyed a few stops along the way. We think we missed a turnoff at about the time we stopped for coffee. I probably wouldn't have traded the coffee--it hit the spot at the right time. We also spent a little time at 7-11 before we left the city picking up some ham, cheese, and fried egg sandwiches. I don't do eggs so I had just ham and cheese. 7-11 stores are so convenient! I have done more business at 7-11 here than I probably did in the whole 30 previous years of my life.

The grounds were very pretty, but it was really dry since we're not really in rainy season yet. We enjoyed lunch on the grounds at a small market area. The refreshing fruit shakes were a hit on the hot day. We spent a couple of hours touring the ruins and then headed back to the city.

When we got home Pawn had supper waiting on us. We had a delicious meal of green curry chicken, stir fried vegetables, and fried pork. She even made some dessert for us. Having supper ready was a wonderful treat after the long day!




No comments: