Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's for breakfast?

A few weeks ago I went downstairs in the morning to get a glass of juice, and this is what I saw...
I had a nice big pink bowl of bugs sitting on my counter! :O This is the time of year it feels we're being inundated with these flying bugs. They are attracted to the lights either inside or outside of the house. We try to keep the inside lights off as much as possible because they will find their way in through holes in the screens or doors that are not sealed tightly. Sweeping up in the mornings is quite a job both inside and out.

Apparently you can eat these bugs but only the females. I do not know how you tell the difference between these bugs, and I don't know who would sit and separate them out. Pawn has said she would prepare some for us, but she hasn't yet. After seeing this pink bowl, I never saw them again, and I didn't hear any stories about eating them. I wonder what happened to them...












No comments: