We were all excited that we had a day off so after much discussion about what to do, we finally headed off to a waterfall about 50 km from the city. Rusty and I had been there before, but the girls had not.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Thai Mother's Day
Mother's Day in Thailand is on August 12, the Queen's birthday. The relationship with mothers is very important here and seems to be a bigger deal than Father's Day.
We were all excited that we had a day off so after much discussion about what to do, we finally headed off to a waterfall about 50 km from the city. Rusty and I had been there before, but the girls had not.
Although there are some waterfalls here that are actual waterfalls like a small Niagara Falls or something, many of the waterfalls are places to go and play in the water. You can actually go up and down this waterfall. Since this was during rainy season, there was plenty of water to play in.
It's funny that I was nervous at times climbing up the waterfall, and then I looked at the other people who were climbing and playing. They were probably close to twice my age and didn't seem to be nervous at all!
There were areas that were quite slick. You don't want to step on the green rocks, and you have to carefully plan your route up! Some teenagers were practically running down the fall. Rusty, Pawn, and Hope all went down the waterfall, but I stuck to going down the trail to get in to climb up.
We don't often get to go to places together. Having a dog at home and having to protect the house keeps one of us at home most of the time, but a short day trip is nice. We had a picnic lunch, beautiful scenery, wonderful weather, and good company. It was a nice break in the midst of a lot of work.
We were all excited that we had a day off so after much discussion about what to do, we finally headed off to a waterfall about 50 km from the city. Rusty and I had been there before, but the girls had not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment