I had great lessons that I had all planned out for our neighborhood ESL class for the week before Christmas, but things didn't go as planned. About half of my students were absent at the beginning of the week because it was time for their school's camping trip. Then I canceled the second night because many of our students were unable to make it again. Finally on Wednesday night I had a good group. We talked a lot about the Christmas story and why Jesus came to this earth. It's always amazing to me that my students can give me a faith answer, but there were no believers present that night (that we know of). Gam is the only professing believer that comes to our class, but many of the others have had exposure to the Gospel whether it be from us or the private schools that they attend. Please keep praying for the seeds because they know the answers, but they have not made the connection that they can receive the free gift too.
I told them on Wednesday night that we were going to make cookie houses on Thursday night and asked them to remind their friends who had been missing for a while. I saw students on Thursday night that I hadn't seen in weeks. We had a good time, and I thought the kids did a good job constructing their houses. And I like the creativity that they use. I don't show them any pictures; I just hand each kid the same amount of cookies and candy decorations and let them build whatever they want.
No comments:
Post a Comment