Monday, January 2, 2012

Some Holiday Laughs

Rusty was busy teaching about the Christmas story the week before Christmas as well. We played games with the students and talked a lot about Jesus and why He came to this earth and the fact that He had life before He was born as a baby. That's a very important fact here.

Rusty teaches at one school in particular that has a lot of students who come from orphanages. So these students were pretty familiar with the Christmas story so He was getting some good answers until he got to the flashcard of the wise men. He asked who they were and someone said Jesus. It's funny how quickly the students pick up and learn to answer Sunday school answers!

Every Monday and Wednesday I walk about a mile to the main road to catch a truck to go teach my afternoon classes. I don't mind doing this because it gives me more time at home to work on lesson plans and other responsibilities that I have. On this particular day I ended up on a truck with12 women total in the back. We stopped to let off one lady, and the truck driver helped the lady unload her stuff. The truck driver was female as well! I should have known we were in trouble. :D When we were almost to the school I needed to stop at, some of the other women were getting busy to stop the truck as well. But there was some confusion among them if they were going to get off at the right spot or not. They pushed the buzzer button, and I was excited because it was in the exact spot I needed to get off too. Then at the last second they decided they had stopped at the wrong place and motioned for the driver to keep going. I said hurriedly in Thai that it was no problem because I needed to get off there, but it was too late. The driver started going again, and I quickly pushed the buzzer to stop. Everyone had a good laugh, and so did Rusty when I told him the story about the truck only for women. I bet we would have really annoyed a man driver or passenger for that matter. :D

No comments: