We really had a laugh over the super large pumpkins. We don't see a lot of carving pumpkins over here, but we do see a lot of small pumpkins for cooking. Pawn didn't believe me that they were real so I crossed the street to make sure. I told her they were, and Rusty told her if I said it it was true. She still had to cross and touch them herself! We had a good laugh over that one.
They had different sections of the park again this year. They had the corporate sponsored gardens which were
Of course we all loved the orchids. There are so many varieties of orchids! I'm not sure which ones I liked the best, but we had a good time walking through the many gardens full of them.
I'm glad we went pretty early during the course of the expo. Some of the flowers were already starting to wilt a bit by the time we got there.
We did have a few complaints about the expo. Parking always seems to be a bit of a hassle whenever we go to this park. We had to walk a good distance to get into the park, and then there's a lot of walking inside of the park. We could have used a public shuttle from near our house for a fee. If they have another one in the future we may have to check into that. It could be a lot cheaper than driving all the way across town.
All in all it turned out to be a good day. I'm glad they have this during cool season; otherwise I'm not sure I would go to walk around in the very hot sun all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment