Friday, July 20, 2012
Barbie Hair
I really don't have time to be blogging right now, but I just wanted to share this funny story with you. The last time we went to the village to teach, some of the younger girls were playing with my hair. One of the girls had gotten a Barbie doll, and they were talking about how much my hair looked like Barbie's. I was feeling pretty good enjoying the attention until one of the girls said I had white hair also. Then she laughed and said it showed I was old. Haha! It might show that, but I'm only 35. I guess she thought that was old. She stopped playing with my hair, and I didn't hear any more about me having Barbie hair. Now the dilemma is...do I keep the white hair, aging gracefully and demand more respect as an old person, or do I try to cover it up? I think I'll be going natural since I don't know of a natural way to cover it up. I'm too frugal to start down a path of something I know I'm going to have to pay to maintain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I completely understand. I'm also only 35 and have been getting a few white hairs for a couple of years now. I have a friend that calls it platinum blonde.
:-) I'm just going to let mine go natural as well.
Post a Comment