The first weekend back in Thailand was a bit rough. We were very happy to be back, but nothing seemed to go as smoothly as we pictured it going. It seemed like everything had broken while we were gone, and we had some trouble getting everything to service.
I missed making two ATM withdrawals that first Friday which really threw me into a bind. That meant I didn't have much cash, but I guess it was good to be on a budget for our trip to Isaan. We ordered a new refrigerator since we had been running two since we moved into the house, and the one that came with the house finally died. We also took the DVD player to service. We tried to get internet service connected to our house, but when they came out they said we lived too far from the connection point. We were going to have to pay over $100 to connect. I decided that could wait until we got back from Isaan.
Then on Sunday, we found out that the two girls who were supposed to go to Isaan with us, didn't know we were leaving on that Monday. Thankfully Kaimook had returned from staying with her grandmother so that she could go with us. God just seemed to work everything out.
We flew out early Monday morning, and made it to Isaan with no problems. We're also thankful for direct flights now. It cut out travel time way down even if it did mean we didn't get to tour Bangkok.


No comments:
Post a Comment