Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Back in the saddle again

After my long deputation break, I hope I'm back to posting once again. When we're in the States we don't have internet at our house so it's been very inconvenient for me to blog. The truth is, I would forget to type out my posts so I could upload when I had internet. Ahhh...part of growing up and being mature is taking responsibility. I just didn't take the time to blog.
We've been back in Thailand for almost two weeks now. We've been in the Isaan region doing our annual two-week basketball/ESL camp. This is our third year to be at this same school. Every year we come I think about how blessed we are to be invited to this village when there are no believers  that we know of. It's in the least evangelized region of Thailand and probably the spiritually darkest place I've ever experienced. But God is working or He wouldn't have us here.
We had planned this camp for this time because we were supposed to have a summer helper come, and she could only come these three weeks. So we prepared to leave the Wednesday after the messenger's meeting in Fresno. Our summer helper canceled on us once we were back in the States, and I was upset. I didn't know how we were going to do the camp by ourselves with our Thai helpers. It's a lot of work to teach English all morning, teach basketball in the afternoon, teach a class for teachers, and then have game nights with the students every night. On a Friday afternoon I had a minor meltdown (crying time) and told Rusty I was really concerned about it. On Sunday afternoon we received a phone call from the Raburn's that there was a young man who was thinking about taking a missions trip. What I didn't know at that time was how God was working in all of this. Brenda had just asked Drew about going on a missions trip, and it went on from there. All I can say is Wow!!! I can't believe how God worked it all out considering the expensive plane ticket and the crazy schedule. But I'm so glad He did.
I'll be posting more about what we've done here, but I'll say for now that I know God has us here. I also know satan doesn't want us here. Please pray for us as we teach our last day. We need protection, and we need for God to work through us. The heat, bugs, and everything else that makes it uncomfortable are things that God can use for His glory as we have the right attitude and love the people.

No comments: