We found time this past Saturday morning to put on the feast. That meant I have to start the preparations earlier. The early preparations include making cornbread, boiling some chicken, and making marshmallows. I tried a new cake recipe as well. It was hard to let it sit over night without cutting into it.
Rusty suggested something with pumpkin so I made this pumpkin cake with cream cheese glaze. It turned out tasty, and we've been enjoying it with our coffee.
We had our traditional fare, but we added buffalo meat to the smoked/grilled meats and also a fruit salad. It wasn't a super huge meal, but we were so pressed for time it was just enough. Obviously we made a lot of what we did make because I've been eating on it every day for lunch since Saturday.
Our house at Christmas. We had other goodies besides the cake. We also had chocolate covered cherries, dipped oreos, and dipped ritz crackers with peanut butter. Too much! But we all had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment