Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Eve Eve

The Sunday before Christmas was a big day for us. The kids met us at church. Sii, Gam, and Atit all made it there. We were pretty excited. After services we took them to the Chef's Kitchen for lunch. We always enjoy eating there.

After we got home it was time to get started on the cookie decorating. Last year we did cookie houses with the whole English class. This year we did gingerbread men with Sii, Gam, and Atit.
 I did the first one as an example, and the kids laughed. They said he looked like he was wearing underpants. :) So I left them to it.

They did a great job decorating and had a lot of fun. I'm always amazed at the designs they come up with. The two cookies on the left are me and Rusty. I like it that I have Love and hearts all over me. Makes me feel special, but Rusty's a little concerned about his pants. He feels they may be a bit out-dated.
After the kids finished with the cookies we had some stockings fixed up for them. We had the traditional orange in the toe, apple in the heel, and a banana sticking out of the top. I always got a toothbrush and some toothpaste in mine as a child so I put those in as well. Then they also had a few pieces of candy, a t-shirt, and a Christmas pen.

  Here are the girls in their new shirts and at Antioch's Christmas program/party. We had it in front of the church this year, and everyone invited their friends.
 It was a good time with lots of food, fun and games followed by a devotional.
 I think we had a total of 18 students and parents who came. Some of the parents left a bit early, but several parents and family members stayed and heard the gospel.


Kaimook's dad had to have his picture with me in my Christmas hat.
 I think we all had a great time! The lady on the right is one of the moms who comes to study with her children, and her husband is on the back row. Last week she took a Bible and talked with Pawn a bit about the gospel. She and her husband and three children all came and heard the Story again. Please keep praying for us and for those we are trying to reach.

No comments: