Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Eve

 Christmas Eve started off with me finishing the cookie platters for the teachers. I always enjoy doing them, but this year was kind of crazy with me trying to finish my thesis before the end of the year. So I scaled back a bit and did sugar cookies with brownies and one new recipe. I did a chocolate chip/maraschino cherry shortbread. Rusty gave them two thumbs up.
 Rusty and Tim went to teach awhile I did some shopping in town. Then I went back to pick them up a little bit late. I forgot Rusty doesn't teach the last hour on Mondays. The kids were enjoying the extra time with them though. One little girl really latched on to Tim and seemed sad that it would be Tim's last day at her school.
 We stopped by one of the high schools. This plate had to have pumpkin bread on it so in between grocery shopping and picking Rusty and Tim up, I baked a loaf. Khruu Dang who is pictured here likes all things pumpkin just like us. She's been providing pumpkins and bell peppers for me this year.
 While we were at the high school, we watched them setting up for their Christmas program. I strolled around looking at the artwork the students had done. I found two nativity scenes. I was kind of surprised there were only two at this school since they have a Christian student group. I'm kind of wondering about the snowman though...

 The one I found with Snoopy and Woodstock was of course one of my favorites. We like Peanuts.
 For the evening class at our house, the kids made Christmas wreath crafts and ate the gingerbread cookies that the kids decorated the day before.
 They had fun. Quite a few of these students are new students so they've never done Christmas things with us.
 M is the youngest in our class, and she couldn't quite do it by herself. But she always has plenty of helpers!



 I had enough cookies for each of the kids to have 1. I took out some bags in case the students didn't like them or didn't want to eat them right then. They ate their cookies and then grabbed an extra one to take home. Made me feel kind of bad since I didn't have enough for everyone to have 2.
 All that's left is a head. I wonder how Sii would eat gummy bears.
It was a fun Christmas Eve!!!

No comments: