In the early part of the week, we were invited to our neighbor's house for Vietnamese food for her birthday. We usually spend our New Year's Eve with them, but they will be out of town this year. It's always nice to be with them. Then the next night we were invited to BBQ with some of our students and their families.
We walked down to their place after class and had a good time grilling. I think Tim enjoyed the meat.
The girls came up with this game using some large dry bean pods from the trees and the basketball goal. Unfortunately I'm not very good at this game, but if you give me a basketball I can do better. I don't think I made even one basket, but then again I can't see very well in the dark. Maybe at least one made it in?!?!It's a great time of year to grill! After you finish you can just relax around the fire.
There have been a few afternoons for fishing and bike riding. Tim hasn't caught anything yes except I did hear some story about a large patio umbrella. Rusty has really enjoyed his new mountain bike though.
The new week started with a baptism service with Antioch Church. I think we have the most beautiful settings for baptisms and probably the most fun. It was a beautiful setting for a picnic, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous! It was cool and peaceful. I think it would be a great place to sit, read the Bible, eat a picnic lunch, and spend the afternoon. Too bad it's too far from the house to make it a habit. :(
This is Rusty & me after a great lunch of sticky rice, grilled meat, fried chicken, and some other food that I don't know what to call it in English. We're happy and content. :)
I think everyone had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment