The longer I live here the more I feel like I have no privacy. :) I love having guests, but 24/7 we have someone around. And that makes it pretty hard to experiment and fail without having an audience! And now pinterest has entered my world. Although I'm by no means addicted to it, I have had fun looking around for fun ideas to try. Sometimes Rusty will mention something, and I'll get on the computer to see if we can make what he was talking about.
That's how the whole sidewalk chalk saga started. I've had the paint for weeks now, but I was having trouble finding the plaster of paris. I knew they had it, but I guess I was looking in the wrong places. After we finished up bowling with the boys we went into a bookstore. I found exactly what I needed and bought two bags for just over $1.
We had a little time before we had to leave to go eat with the teachers so I fixed up my toilet paper roll mold and mixed up my first mixture to let it set. I left it sitting on the dining room table under the fan and went upstairs.
Rusty was in the living room listening to the following discussion. The boys and Pawn were wondering what it was...wondering if it was something to eat. I think they may have even touched it. They left without finding out and never said a word about it to Rusty or me.
On Saturday I decided to move my sidewalk chalk project out to the carport. There I was greeted with questions by the gardener and then a friend who came to pick Pawn up. I laughed with Rusty and said that I sure hoped this little project was successful. It's hard to fail and just throw it away because there are too many people who see everything. :)
The project ended up working just fine, but we haven't let the kids use it yet. That will be on the list for some outdoor activities, and I think they'll enjoyed it. They've all inspected it during English class anyway. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment