Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Guest blogger

Today I have a special guest post from Rusty. He had an interesting day today (which is now yesterday since I had trouble posting this), and I just wanted you to hear it from his perspective.

Had an amazing day. I went to my normal school and taught there with Tim. After lunch we made the rounds to a couple of schools where we have taught in the past. The last school we visited was one of the first schools where I taught in the area 4 years ago.  It was good to see the students and they seemed to love seeing me too! One of my sixth grade students held my hand and really chatted with me. She was so happy and many of them came up and hugged me. One of the teachers there brought her son to our house to study tonight. We visited first through third grade. In the first grade five students said they had studied with me at the head start kindergarten. I asked one of the boys where his dad worked because I thought I knew where his dad worked. He said his dad was dead because he liked to drink too much. He went on to tell me he was loved by his mom and grandmother. He kept interrupting me while I was talking with his teacher. As I was leaving his friend came to me and said the boy was crying. I asked him why and he said it was because he missed me teaching them every week. Please pray that God will extend our reach by adding to our team those He wants. Maybe He has already called them, and they have not answered His call yet. Thank you for your constant and continued prayers!

No comments: