Friday, January 3, 2014

Where's Pawn?

I was working on getting some laundry caught up when I spied Rusty outside the kitchen window. I heard him talking to Pawn, but I didn't see Pawn.So I went outside to see what was going on. Instead of playing "Where's Waldo?" I ended up playing "Where's Pawn?".
Apparently it was tree limb cutting day. Pawn wanted to get up there and see if she could do it herself. Whew! We get so nervous about her doing that, but she's a country girl at heart. She still likes to get up in the trees. I went back inside because I just couldn't watch, but I later heard multiple voices in the yard. I had to get in on the party as well.
 Pawn was no longer in the tree; one of the young men from church was up there. He was way high. If you click on the pictures to enlarge them I think you can see him. On the picture on the left, I put a black circle around M.
 The rest of us on the ground cut up the limbs and threw them over the fence. There are no pictures of me, but I helped cut and throw as well. I'm sure our parents instructed both of us not to stand around with our hands in our pockets so I tried to put that teaching into practice.

At the end we were just having some fun and latched Tim onto this tree. It serves no purpose, but we can all rest easy knowing she won't be caught up in the trees.

No comments: