Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's a new year

I seriously got behind on journaling my thoughts at the end of last year. Rather than doing a long catch-up post I'll go ahead and jump into 2014. Maybe I'll catch up on some of the things that happened since I mainly do this to keep a journal of sorts, and I certainly don't want to forget the end of 2013!

We spent the first day of the new year at the newest mall in town. We wanted to watch The Hobbit 2 before it stopped playing. We were pretty excited as this was going to be our first 3D movie.There were so many options now with the new cinema at the new mall. We could have seen it in 4DX, Real D 3D or at the IMAX. We chose the IMAX and seats as far back as we could go and yet sit in the "cheap" seats.

 The new cinema is super nice, and there's a nice lounge area outside of the IMAX. They had comfy sofas and chairs and crazy cinema carpet. It's still very new and practically unused for now.
On the ground floor we found this Jeep promotion. They were on sale. The one above is only $90,000, and the one below is over $120,000. The joys of buying imported products are great! I do miss my Jeep that we had in the States, but when it comes to $100,000 I can think of much better ways to use money.
 
 
The mall was still decorated for Christmas so we took advantage of some of the little photo ops. We didn't get ice cream at Swensen's since there are just too many snack options at the new mall. We ended up trying Daddy Dough which is a Thai donut shop. We had the peanut macchiato which was very good, but we figure the real test will be when we try just a regular glazed doughnut. Of course none of them will measure up to a free Krispy Kreme right out of the fryer, but we'll make do.

No comments: